1. 13 digital paintings total, 1 due weekly with the first due Sept 7.
2. Paintings due on Monday night by midnight. Send finished assignments (Jpegs) to my personal email firstname.lastname@example.org I will compile them from there. I will also be happy to give advice via email during non class time.
3. Topics for the paintings will be pulled from illustration Friday's word of the week (illustrationfriday.com) and blended with a technique discussed from a demonstration on Thursdays.
4. No sketchbooks are required but I would suggest lots of sketching previous to the assignments.
5. Critiques will be on Tuesdays. You will be asked to help critique so be ready.
6. Grading will be mostly based on PARTICIPATION and EFFORT in the class not "talent." Also 1/3 of a letter grade will be subtracted for each missing assignment at the end of the semester. Every 4 assignments turned late (past Saturday) will cost 1/3 of a letter grade.
Extra credit can be earned if you take the critique and implement the changes.
7. Roll will be taken and unexcused absences will make me angry:) Please let me know if you need to be gone.
8. This class will be fun and hopefully educational. Please speak up if you have questions, we are all at differing levels of understanding. If you have specific things you want to learn please ask.